On this page, you can manage the hourly cost rates for each Jira user. Hourly cost rates will be used in reporting to calculate the costs of work logged by the users.
You need Wage manager permission to view this page.
On this page, you can view and manage the hourly cost rates for each Jira user. You can view the existing users with the defined cost rates in a table. The user cost rates are sorted by their effective date. If a cost rate is currently effective, it is displayed with black text color. The previous cost rates will be displayed with grey text color.
Each cost rate row has four columns in the table:
- User: The user to whom the cost number has been assigned.
- Effective Date: The date at which this cost rate becomes effective. The cost rate remains effective until the next one becomes effective.
- Hourly rate: The hourly rate for the for the selected user. This value will be the cost for each hour logged in Jira.
- Actions: Edit and Delete action buttons.
You can filter the existing user cost rates by:
- Users: You can filter cost rates for the selected users.
- Effective date: You can select a date value to display the cost rates that were active for the users on that date.
- CurrentShow all: If it is checked, the table will display the currently effective cost rates.Shows all the cost rates (currently effective and not effective as well)
Add User Cost Rate
You can add a cost rate to a user:
- Click on the Add button in the top left corner
- Select the User to whom you want to assign the cost rate.
- Select the Date at which this cost rate becomes effective. The cost rate remains effective until the next one becomes effective.
- Add a Hourly rate for the selected user. This value will be the cost for each hour logged in Jira.
- The value will be in the configured currency in the Rate Settings admin page.
- It must be a positive number.
- Select Save to finish adding your new cost rate.
- Edit: You can edit an existing user cost rate.
- Delete: You can delete an existing user cost rate.